dinsdag 25 september 2012

Biggest STORM of the year! 61 KNOTS MAX !

got on around 15:45.. FLAT as a pancake.. crossofshore..within an hour it was 3-4meters max sideshore with a MAX speed upto 61knots BIZARRRR that is. Cant forgive myself not taking my new SWAG 3.2m2 with me in the car. Yesterday i was with my son on the lake with the swag 3.2, but today it definately could be abused bigtime in this biggest storm this year /ever? Beside that i left my stormchase board, my SOS rocketfish68 at home aswell :S. only took my quad LS85and LS95 with me.. sails 3.7m2 upto 5.6m2. Asyou can see i was not expecting to use a 3.7 anyway. Ended up extremely fully overpowerd with the 3.7 point-7 SWAG and a quatro quad LS85 underneeth.. one word : survival.
a few statistics from Wijk aan zee: Insane windspeeds
below windspeeds at my homespeed spot Strand Horst the same day..a lot less ;o)
been there till darkness came in. I got cramps in my lowerarm. time to stop. I saw Bart ter H, going in late with a 4.2m2...and he had his shortest windsurfing session ever. ;) Thanks to the guys at the parkinglot who helped getting my rdm mast again in 2 pieces! the first half hour i had the swag 3.7m2 rigged at the recommended settings.. but quickly that was not an option anymore. Couldnt hold it the swag anymore. rigged it to its max. downhaul to a maximum loose leech, and the boomlength was +4cm upto 148cm while 144cm is recommended. It was the only option for me at the time, to be still using my 3.7m2 that between the extreme gusts.. here a few shots from - jepe.nl - search for him on facebook, he has many awesome pictures from todays session.
as i was more busy with surviving, i only did some floaty jumps and well counted, just one tabletop ;o) and that was about it lol. the kewl thing about it was, i did the table top at the end of the session, when i had no strenght left. i took my gopro with me, mainly its me swimming, crashing, getting blown away.. trying to walk with my gear, sitting at the beaches getting blasted by shells, things like that. but who knows, hopefully some radical footage on it. ill check it soon! as far i can remember i had one big airrrrrrr floatyjump. Tommorow the wind is less but there should be nice swell coming in.. im not able to go. to bad. Work is calling my name and the rest of the week its probably a lot offamilytime. :-) But i definately had my shot for now. ======================================== GoPro Shots !

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten