maandag 22 maart 2010

First (minimal) session this year @ Wijk aan Zee 20-03-2010

 
Posted by Picasa


Above one of my fave spots Wijk aan zee!

The forecasts this week were looking good for the weekend, there should of been enough wind to use a 5.4m2, with a sideshore (SSW)winddirection. After an hour drive, a to long walk trough the dunes with my SOS92.




i saw several people coming off the water and going backwards.



Above Jop, just after his minimal session.

Just my luck. The wind died, but not completely yet... After a 4 month winterbreak, i decided to go anyway! My friends Roland and Martijn de Man also just arrived and had the same feeling as me. Going in anyway, it was such a long winterbreak. Rolands biggest sail he brought with him was a 4.7m2, but he could borrow my sado 5.4m2. Roland is a leightweight sailor, it should work out for him. I pulled out my 6.6m2 sado brandnew out of the sack. Before i hit the water i shot some pictures from the mellow conditions, so ya all can see how boring it was :-P.
Martijn used the 6.6m2 sado 2009 on a RRD freestylewave 111L 2010. A big floater for an old Giant, as the italians from p7 call him :P





This time Martijn managed not to break his masts. ;o)




I have been planing a few metres/feets myself on a 1 or 2 ft wave, but my yellow SOS
Rocket 92 didnt had enough volume to stay above with these minimal conditions. The wind completely died, when i got on.. Had a laugh with my buds, forgot to put on my neoprene gloves. Swimming with 4 to5 degrees watertemperature isnt everything i can tell you that.

Next time i go out, it has to be rocking out there!! Orelse i'll stay at home with a hot cup of chocolatemilk in my hands.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten